Friday 23 November 2012

Week 8. The Northern light get brighter!

There's only a small difference this week but i'm getting there!  I had the rags out again smoothing and blending my glaze to get that transparent, mystical look.  The sky is coming together nicely now and the lights themselves are becoming brighter the more i apply layers of paint.  The trick is to not let my nice clean bright colours become contaminated on the palette or it could dull the whole thing!  I have reflected the mauve colours out of the sky into the snow too, bringing the painting together.  I'm enjoying taking my time over this painting, it's so relaxing and is going to be amazing when finished!

That sun is becoming really bright now and the greens in the lights becoming more vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment