Friday 19 October 2012

Week 4!

I can't believe this is week 4 of my oil painting course!  I would have completed an acrylic painting by now, but as this is all new to me and there are loads of interesting techniques to use with oils, my painting is still incomplete!  I'm still really enjoying it though!  This week i concentrated on the foreground of my painting and got some handy hints for how not to overwork the foreground (which is the direction it was going in before my tutor intervened!) just by using soft delicate brushstrokes to give the appearance of detail rather than making it look too sharp and distracting to the eye!   I'm still not happy with the water or background yet so once the foreground is in i am going to revisit the top of my painting and set some parts even further back.  Unfortunately with it being half term next week you will have to wait two weeks to see the next development!



No comments:

Post a Comment